11 December 2007

new year's resolutions

I thought I would crack these out early this year. Just because one of them may actually take some planning. I would also like to mention before starting that Brandon has started a chain reaction with his consume less save more campaign. Some of my resolutions go hand in hand with the campaign. Here they are in no order:

#1 Stay healthy. 2007 was a good year for me health wise. (except for right now because i've had this lame cold for weeks.) I'd like to continue what I've already accomplished so far. Maybe I'll add get buff to that.

#2 Drive less. Ride more. This one entails riding the bus when possible. Next semester I think this is definitely a possibility. I may have to take a hiatus during the summer when I'm running around with my head cut off with Castle responsibilities, but this is at least possible for Jan-May and August-December.

#3 Spend Less, Save more. I like being able to go on fun trips through out the year. Trips for 2008 already look to include New York in May, Illinois sometime, and maybe disneyland with stacey. I spend so much money eating out. I have cut back on this significantly to keep with #1, but I think I can cut back even more. Also, hopefully #2 will ultimately help with #3. By taking the bus I should be saving on gas and car repairs. Not that the honda has needed much beyond some breaks work. The little guy rocks, and does surprisingly well in the snow. (You just have to know how to drive in it! HA! sorry jon...that's a stab at when you guys stayed an extra few days with us because of sliding off the road. we were glad that you stayed though)

#4 Write to eric more often. Granted, i never really wrote to jon either. but since it's an email address i have no excuse.

#5 Read more. I put this at the end because there is a large possibility that it will not happen. but i am resolved at trying atleast. If anyone has any suggestions I'm game.


So there they are in a nutshell. Coming up soon. My list of "best of 2007."

1 comments:

walt or jean said...

You can do anything you set your mind to do-even "write Eric more". I think you're the greatest! Love, M