14 December 2007

best of 2007

This list includes both my favorite things of 2007 along with new music artists i stumbled across for one reason or another. It's not a complete list seeing how a lot can happen in 365 days, but here are a few highlights....

HAIRSPRAY!



This may easily be my favorite thing from 2007. I saw it too many times, and my mom even can be spotted dancing to it while it's playing in the house. Stacey even bought me this book as a joke. But i loved it!

MISSY HIGGINS



I stumbled upon Missy while working. A co-worker was playing some of her music and I asked for a copy. She's probably been around a while, but I just found her this year and I love her.

3:10 to Yuma



Everyone needs a good western every once and a while. This movie was brilliant.

Into the Wild



This movie really affected my life, I think. I mean, i'm not really one to get up and move to alaska after college. But I felt like I could compare his wants and desires to my own. After I graduate, I'll probably up and move somewhere. Even if everyone else thinks it's a bad idea or whatever. I'm itching to leave my comfort zone that I've created here in Utah and have new life experiences, meet new and exciting people, and basically grow up. Great flick. Maybe i should read the book?

Spring Awakening



A show very similar to me to Into the Wild. A show about growing up, figuring out who you are, and breaking free of people telling you what is right and what is wrong. This show is also special because it was the first show I ever saw on Broadway. oh! which brings me to my next best thing of 2007.

NEW YORK CITY



What a city...so much energy and so much activity. I think my A.D.D. brain thrives in such a place. The daily chaos of the city ironically is something I really enjoy. I'll live there sooner or later.

Other things without pictures:

2007 was the year I actually began to feel like a college student even though I've been doing this for almost 4 years now. I was accepted into an awesome program where I get to study and learn about media, and can thrive in an environment where I feel like I am talented and can grow in potential in both theatre and film.

2007 was the year that I stopped driving the burb and finally got behind the seat of a nice honda accord to take me to and from school.

2007 was the year I became an uncle to 5 kids.

2007 was the year my teeth finished straightening.

2007 was the year I lost my "freshman fifteen."

2007 was the year I helped get a full-featured length film to play in a movie theater.

2007 was the year I saw nickel creek in concert at Kingsbury hall. and they were AMAZING!

2007 was the year I went to New York twice.

2007 was the year stacey and I drove to vegas on a 24 hr straight road trip for in-and-out.

2007 was the year I didn't buy an iPhone.... sigh....

2007 was the year....

1 comments:

Michelle said...

this was a great post nick. we should all follow your example. (and maybe watch hairspray, if we haven't seen it yet..maybe when I'm visiting?)