02 October 2007

the ulcer can go away now

For the past two weeks I have been regretting waking up and coming to work because my computer crashed (not my fault!) and everyday when i come to work I have been trying to figure out how the heck I was supposed to salvage my files. i won't go into detail about how final cut works, but basically my two big project files were missing all their media. Projects which have cost a lot of money! i wasn't at fault, but i was expected to fix the problem (because our programmer has no knowledge of final cut.) well today, two weeks later, i finally FINALLY found a way to make Final Cut recognize all the files again. basically i had to reimport every missing file, and then manually relink them to where they belong on the time line keeping in mind that there were hundreds of files to relink. something that may sound easy, oh no. it took me all day. i've just finished the marriott video, and now it's on to the psych film. oh well. at least it's fixable and the nasty pain in my side can go away.

2 comments:

walt or jean said...

We knew you could do it!! You are amazing Nicky!! Love ya Honey!
Mom and Emj

Michelle said...

InCREDible. you are INCREDIBLE. I thought when things crash they are just gone forever...like asking you to awake the dead or something. congratulations. WHAT A RELIEF.

so that was for work and not even for school? you had to deal with that ON TOP of school? good heavens.

you must be the bomb. :)