31 October 2007

a compliment

today i received a compliment. one of my professors wrote a message on a photo assignment returned to us today where we had to take 5 photos featuring different visual elements (ie., color, shape, line, space, etc.) his note reads:

"Nick--

You sure have an eye for creating great composition within the frame. It always intrigues me how sometimes the ones who don't make many comments in class are the ones who really understand what I'm trying to teach. May I recommend you look into taking some other photography classes along with the cinematography classes. I think you will find them fascinating and extremely helpful.

B.U."

i'm not trying to hide his name, that's really how he signs everything. haha. but anyway, i always like when what i do is validated. granted i have an awesome camera, but i don't think i can give it all the credit :)

1 comments:

Michelle said...

way to be..very cool, very true too, you take great pics. I've held your same camera in my hands and not had the "magic" happen...cool that someone who knows would tell you so.

I know I know, you're heartbroken about this weekend. try to cope.

will you take me to sweeney todd sometime? I accompanied once for a couple of the numbers in a vocal class...they are dang hard..gave me an understanding that it must not be your average musical. I'd love to see it in person. I'd love to see you IN it, in person, but I'll settle with going as your date.