07 September 2007

billy brown -- mika

hooray for friday. i am listening to mika at my office right now at a fairly high decibel because everyone else downstairs has left for the evening. i will enjoy in two weeks when i can leave and go do what i please. i usually hang out here thursdays and fridays until i have to go to my show seeing how it is pointless to go home.

today in the bookstore upon finishing the purchase of the rest of my textbooks, on a whim bought a calendar. in an effort to keep all my reading in check, i am going to write out by hand when all my reading assignments are due. my mom is really good at using a calendar, why can't i? i can do it! (i hope i really can and won't forget about it in three days.)

i also bought a new moleskin notebook. in my other efforts to personally evolve into a wiser, more creative, more spiritual human being i am going to start "blogging" on paper again things i come across (quotes, pictures, random thoughts) on a more personal level.


i'll have to follow up in a few weeks with how i'm doing with these two new efforts.

1 comments:

Michelle said...

okay so first I thought you wrote "calculator" instead of "calendar" and I thought you had for sure gone crazy... :)

second, I think you may have just written the most profound concept I've ever read in a blog... the idea of "blogging" on paper....does anyone else think this "new way" of describing journaling might be why we all started a blog in the first place? Nick, I often have things to write down, and yet I say, "hmm, too personal (or spiritual or creative or wise) to write on the blog just yet..." so the idea of "blogging on paper" (even if it really IS journaling) is a fantastic solution. I wish you the best, and may we all join you in coming full-circle someday.