19 March 2008

welcome to school (and urinetown)

I've reached that part of the semester. I have only three real weeks of school left, so all of my projects that were assigned at the beginning of the semester are quickly becoming due! ...it's okay, i'll get them done--it's just that same time of the semester. (except this time, there will be no summer break....sigh....)

urinetown is actually become a lot of fun! it's fun to play lockstock, eventhough sometimes i miss just being the silly background character that i was before. meg and i were talking about this--some of my favorite memories of shows come from being a minor role in the background. my character development is just as important as the main characters! but i just have less lines to show that development. so much fun... but lockstock is a fun part to play as well! and hopefully the audience will walk away impressed by our cast and the show as a whole.

i have so much on my mind as of late. and really my thoughts are all over the place. me going to school in the summer is opening up the door to school being done sooner. for so long i've lived in comfort. comfort of a house i don't pay for, comfort of food i don't pay for, comfort of magic laundry that gets done if i don't get around to doing it. after the summer, i actually have the option of leaving all this comfort really for the first time in my life. yeah, i lived in logan on my own, but i still was surrounded by family, living in a relative's house, in a familiar city with people, etc. where will i go? what will i do? i haven't really figured that out yet. but for me that's part of the adventure. sweet.

which brings me to my major. i've been trying to figure out what the heck i'm going to do with my media arts major? i've been helping out neal a little with les miserables and i'm also currently in a show. wait wait wait...the film kid is doing more THEATER projects than film projects!? don't tell my film teachers that. i enjoy both and appreciate them for very different reasons. i just find myself always going back to what i know better which is being around the stage rather than the screen. a "media arts" major sounds cool. it makes me sound like i'm a really well rounded individual in all the arts involving media, or some junk like that. haha.

0 comments: