23 April 2007

a very long, fun weekend


so besides the fact that finals started last friday, i took the opportunity to go to logan and see my friend, kate, who is stage managing Anything Goes. Needless to say my thoughts about the show haven't changed from when I did it in high school. The Cole Porter music is fun and all, but when you write a musical to form around a bunch of random songs to basically show off someone's music ability you're bound to run into crap when it comes to a story or plot. And that was definitely the case. The leads did a GREAT job, but either the director didn't do anything, or the other actors were really confused about what was going on or that they were even on a boat! I had a good time though, nevertheless, and it was a HUGE example as to why I'm at byu and no longer at usu.

Other things I learned from the weekend:

1. 95.3 and 99.9 are both great channels to use anywhere in utah for my ipod/radio broadcaster thing. I've been really frustrated because i haven't had a lot of luck but i was shown those two channels and they both work great!

2. If you plan on seeing Anything Goes anywhere, plan on seeing a movie afterwards. Madison and I saw the midnight showing of Fracture to get the play out of our head. I really enjoyed the movie; different than what I expected, but still a great flick. I stayed awake the whole time!

3. My honda accord gets great great gas mileage, and can carry coffee tables really well.

4. The hot salsa from Cafe Sabor can only be eaten when you have water close to you or some other kind of beverage.

5. No-doz plus mountain dew is a great combination if you are looking to stay awake. And add a pack of skittles to the mix to top it off.

6. Rooms with glow in the dark splattered on the walls and ceilings is a really cool thing to do. You don't notice the paint, until you turn off the lights.

7. When you let your friends help you dye your hair, make sure they don't put big obvious "Y's" in the back of your head. If only it was blue....

8. The History Boys is a movie with brit humor not meant for consumption at 2am. Haven, on the other hand, is a great film, but again, the 3am factor might cause you to have to rewind a few scenes if you fall asleep.

9. When pursuing a girl in another town, at another school, it probably won't work out, but something else might find it's way to you.

10. Old grist mill bread rocks.

11. If you're lucky (like courtney who drove back home to logan this weekend) you will get flashed by nasty white trash ladies on the interstate causing you to miss your exit and drive to tremonton. I guess that should read: "Beware of nasty white trash girls driving on the interstate near brigham city.



I think that list exhausts my weekend. Or atleast the things I can make public on my blog. Just imagine me on no-doz with mountain dew, the rest is history.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

blogs like that make me very very nervous. what do you think you are, 21 or something? crazy neeky. makes me tired.

I'll be sure and not mention the whole "y" thing to brandon while you have a chance to write a new post...

don't even want to mention #9, but you must admit, you got us all wondering now....

glad you had fun, but NO MORE no-doz! bad neeky.

Jules said...

I'm still made at you for making me read your blog to find out about your weekend. Punk. ;-)