16 April 2007

new goals in mind:

So I know i talk about it a lot...but I've been feeling really healthy and in shape these past few weeks. I'm back down to a good steady weight for my height and age and my back problems are minimal now, and the ring around my belly is depleting. In my mind I have reached my goal I set last january (jan 2006) to get into shape. I don't know what defines being "in shape," but i feel that i'm fairly close.

With that said, my new goal is to compete in a triathalon. Brandon, i know you've done this so you'll have to give me some training advice. I'm going to start looking around for some different triathalons going on in the utah area and see if any are around the send of august. Somewhere in the 3-4 month away time period. I need to build my endurance up MUCH more, but while running today, I realized that it's getting easier and easier to go longer and longer. A good sign, I believe. I do need to start swimming more, and I need to start going to spinning night more as well. But now that school is done to it's last week before summer, i think I will have ample time to start training.

So I don't want to hear any "why the heck do you want to do that?" or "that's stupid, you'll never be able to do it." Instead I am only accepting answers such as "that's great. good luck" or "awesome" or even "you have a nice face." nothing negative. they aren't accepted.

good night!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Ha ha! Nick, I love you! And I think this is a tremendous goal- and one you can TOTALLY accomplish... I'd say I'd join you, but let's face it. I don't run. Or bike very fast. I swim, but not quickly. But I'll be there rooting you on!! GO NICK! See? My cheering abilities could take you far...

Oh, and you have a nice face ;)

Nathan said...

I want to do it with you! I need to get my fat A moving this summer! My brother-in-law and I have been talking about doing a bike race, cause he doesn't like to swim, but the triatholon thing is more interesting to me. Let me know if you find any good ones!

Nathan said...

Just a side note, I hope people read past the first sentance of that last post...

Melanie said...

You have a nice face.

Michelle said...

I told brandon about your awesome goal. he said, "sweet, I'll do it with him!" so beware....

the one he did was in utah...I want to say up by park city.

it was something like 1 mile swim, 18 mile bike, 6 mile run. crazy, all of you.

I do have a mountain bike you could use though....

Nick said...

yay! because let's face it...dad's wicked witch of the west bike? not gonna cut it....