20 March 2007

long time gone

i'm listening to dixie chicks' long time gone right now as i write.

in a very crude way, i'd like to explain how i feel. i would like to use a very large zit to represent my life. until last week the white nasty part of my life finally came to a head and popped! there are still my normal things to worry about, but my life for the moment doesn't hurt right now. it was nice to go to arizona and having nothing really to worry about.

i guess the best part for me was the fact that i finally have a car again. no more burb driving. and the honda showed it's true colors as i drove it home from mesa yesterday. 10.5 hours, with a stop to visit my friend for about an hour in flagstaff. no problems from the car and that's what i like.

i enjoy my family. i still have to sometimes remember that my older siblings are parents and in charge of the care of little kids. i spent some time playing nintendo and loved the fact that seth wanted to sit there and watch me. on sunday morning he came up to me and say "nick, let's do something, just the two of us." basically meaning play mega man and i'll watch. the phrase "growing up" seems in a away perpetual to me because there will probably always be kids growing up and for a long time because emily won't be having kids for atleast 10 years or so. and she'll start having kids and i would say that maybe when she hits 30, seth will be married and having kids. kind of a crazy thought.

perpetual growing up. which means i NEVER have to grow up since there will always be kids around for me to play with. haha. yay!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

takin' the long way around....

walt or jean said...

We're glad you are around Nicky boy!!