05 July 2008

the summer for...




this has become the summer for a lot of things. as busy as i stay i've had more time to stay busy with things i enjoy. last weekend we went hiking up to ensign peak (north of salt lake over looking the city). if i can, i am going to try and go hiking every saturday or sunday. today we hiked to silver lake up american fork canyon. (pictures to follow once i get them from marianne.) griff and i seized the opportunity to jump into the glacier fed lake while paul and marianne watched -- they were the smart ones.

i love being outside. away from my computer. away from where my cell phone works. and hiking for the most part is one of those recreational activities where you are getting a great work out without even realizing that you are exercising. next week i'll be up at bear lake with stacey. hopefully there will be a fun hike we can go on.

i have been listening to sondre lerche a lot lately. he did the music from dan in real life (thanks michelle for helping me find motivation to look up his name.) he is accompanying while i write this blog. check him out if you haven't yet.

oh. well i'm back in school now. finished the crazy intense 9 credit spring term. and now i'm just enrolled in one class with the castle as an "internship." the end of school is getting closer and closer. i keep running into frustrating road blocks with classes i still need for GE requirements and such. but i know i've been saying this for like two years now. this coming year WILL BE the year i graduate.


promise.



also. my next post will be discussion the new title of my blog (vagablogging). or at least a definition.

1 comments:

voyageuse said...

i loooove Sondre Lerche! And if you look up his other music he is kind of a chameleon of style. Though I think I'll always be prone to his Dan in Real Life style, because that's how I was introduced. That has been one of my most frequently played albums since it came out.

I wish I had hiked a whole lot more while I was in Utah.