19 February 2008

playing some catch up

i've been on a blog hiaetus for the past few weeks. i broke the silence to make a shout out to my brother-in-law brandon. and now i will attempt to write a summary of my life for the past couple of weeks.

- School has been keeping me busy, but school itself isn't overwhelming. My 457 class usually has something for me to be reading, or a project to be thinking about/working on, etc. That goes for my 387 class as well. There is always something that I could/should be working on whether it be chapters from the text, or a script to write coverage on. I enjoy both of the classes, so the assignments are more rewarding than other classes I've taken. I am finding out more and more that as I take higher and higher level classes, the work becomes more worth my time and I'm learning a lot more. go figure! I guess that's how it's supposed to work...

- My GE classes are a different story. Besides my New Testament reading, I really have no outside of classwork to worry about, and I usually read my NT assigned reading on the TRAX on my way to school. My first biology midterm was last week. Didn't study, got a high B. Would it have been an A if I would have spent a little time studying? ... probably. but hey B's get degrees. haha. and atleast it's not crappy Anthropology. I actually do enjoy my biology teacher and his lectures, and a lot of what we're learning now I learned in 9th grade biology, so it's just been more of a refresher course for me.

- Urinetown is been great so far. Actor's are fun people to hang out with (usually. there are a few that are sour grapes.) just because within the first rehearsal everyone is everyone's friend. There have been a couple of moments where I wonder the background of some of the actors. Great people! just with a different theater background than my own. I'm not saying I"m a great actor. Actually i'm not saying that at all because I'm not. But I feel like for the most part I have had some great basic acting training when it comes to basic acting etiquette. I still have my sheet from high school that neal gave us. I love the director Meg. She just has a great energy that is fun to be around. I'm glad to be doing the show!

- I'm going to Denver this weekend for one of my fun jaunts. My friend Matt invited me out to visit him and see a show, so hey why not! Michelle may be a bit jealous because he lives in Boulder. haha. I'll take some pictures of your future city. Denver is also the cheapest place to fly out of Salt Lake City. And now that I have a friend who lives in the Denver Area, I look forward to many Red Rocks concerts because we'll have a place to stay for free! (get ready stacey...) Matt is my friend who I did an audio documentary about for class--I'll try to figure out how to post it on my blog...because I think it's really good.

- This week we are prepping for our two (well three, but I won't be a part of Wednesday because of class in SLC) shoot days for the promo film for BYU. I have been assigned to find "pretty people." On friday I walked around campus and basically recruited people for the shoot. I've emailed everyone, and hopefully some of them come ready to be "featured extras." Haha. Shoot days are very tiring, but very rewarding. A crew from the Motion Picture Studio is hired and it's a great experience to be able to work with a professional film crew. Who is glad they left their cushy speeches job to come work for University Communications? I am, I am! I don't know how it is, but I always end up getting the coolest work opportunities. I hope this is a trend that continues through out my entire life.

-That's all for now. Things for a maybe future post will include how amazingly bad I am at guitar hero, and how I'm not getting any better; An actual interest to utilize the real guitar at my house and begin taking real lessons; and some summer fun.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

he lives in BOULDER!!!?!!?!?!!?! holy crap that's awesome. I don't even know him, but let him know we'll be neighbors someday. :)

brandon is flying in and out of idaho falls this week, so I'm going to be brave and stick around. next week, however, he's going to purdue (indiana) by way of slc, so guess who's coming to visit? :)I like being an addiction. :)

sounds like life is good for you, even if too busy to blog about. iceland? now there's another post that better be writing itself soon...

voyageuse said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melanie said...

Um, you're leaving for Oscar party weekend?! What's wrong with you? And also, why is everyone flying into Denver this weekend except me?

Unknown said...

So I just re-discovered your blog... and yeah- still love it. Love the new look. And thanks for the shout out— I happen to love you too!