13 August 2007




these are just a few pictures from the weekend. i got asked at the last minute to MC an activity for all the single's wards in american fork. i usually don't go to church activities outside of sunday, so i said yes to fill my quota. haha. it was called "the dating game." basically i stood on stage and cracked jokes while we hooked people up. i would have never put my name in the drawing to be a contestant, but being the one with the mirophone was quite fun. i dressed up in my "east coast" attire and made stacey be the dj. earlier in the day, i had been up at seven am to get breakfast (bagels, juice, etc.) for my cast so that when they showed up at 8am for rehearsal, there would be something to give them a little energy. then after a nasty comment made to me by the production manager, i stayed in the heat of the day (with the help of neal when i called him) and hung all the lights we could for the show. we must have borrowed more than i thought for macbeth. by that time it was about 3 and i was extremely tired. i tried to take a nap, but had too much on my mind to rest. so i showered, and met stacey for dinner at chadders, frantically ran home, and made it just in time for this MC gig.

i do really well in front of people. i may not be the best entertainer or jokester, but i can keep things moving and give people a good laugh here and there. must be the actor in me :)

after the activity, stace and i hit up the movie theater and saw Stardust. i have to admit, it was better than i thought it would be. some have compared it to princess bride. i can kind of see where they're coming from, but not really. so i recommend this film to anyone who wants to be entertained for a couple hours.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

love the suit! and the natural hair color! and the side burns! and the girl! great pictures, thanks for posting again.

when the heck does your show start? ISN'T IT SOON ALREADY?!!

you trying to nap in the middle of the day sounds funny. nicholas doesn't nap!

did you actually have a lot of contestants for your game? Seems like some awfully good sports, saying, "pair me up!" I can't believe you didn't want to be a part. :) glad you could participate, and entertain people.

hmm...I can read between the lines of this post....you are trying to tell me that it's been too long since I've visited and you miss me, aren't you? :) I'll have to get down there soon.

have a great day neeky!

Witten said...

Oh Nick, you look way good! Sounds like a blast!...erm...

I need to start going to my singles ward in AF before I move back, I'm scared!