02 May 2007

summer, summer, summertime

one conclusion i've made about myself many years ago that still holds strong today is the fact that i am constantly busy, and in fact need that consistency of business in my life to stay normalized. as much as i enjoy the few hours I might have to relax in the basement and watch one of my netflix, i can only do that for so long.

take this week for example: i told my friend who is the drama teacher at the jr. high that i would sweeten her tracks for seussical. a rather large undertaking i soon found out...especially after no one really could or wanted to help out with their voices. so it ended up being me singing through every part (including the womens--just pitch shifting the audio to the correct octave) for the 8 songs I sweetened. It was long, and at some moments crappy, but also a ton of fun. on top of that i had to prepare my computer to take it up to the movie theatre to basically hardwire it into the projector. I had no idea what i was doing. We bought a special card for my computer and in order for me to feel prepared i had to read the manual. If anyone has a question about the KONA 3 video card now, I can probably answer it. We went up this morning and had a very successful trip! Now we can have an actual premiere of Firecreek in the weeks to come.

On top of that, I have three other projects including one I'm finishing up for the Psychology department today, a marriot school promo video, and the Hinckley visitor center kiosks to get the media prepared.

then there's my regular daily trip to the gym. i'm now swimming every other day with cycling on the days i don't swim along with a 15-30 minute run depending on how much energy i have left (because sometimes the gym is the last thing i do for the day).

i have new york in a month, a trip to idaho falls to sing with michelle in a few weeks, Julius Caesar things to start preparing for (okay not really for another month probably), movie releases to catch (mainly 3's: pirates 3, spiderman 3, and shrek 3). concerts to go to, people to hang out with, and hopefully here soon a new place to be living closer to campus to make all of the above a little easier on myself. oh! and maybe (if i can save enough money along with trying to save for the following school year) a trip to visit jon at his new house in august!

a lot of things, i think, but i wouldn't have it any other way. i almost NEED the crammed life style. maybe it's because i am a part of the ADD generation and need something constantly happening to maintain sanity. let the summer games begin!

2 comments:

Nathan said...

And then some doofus comes and asks you to do two more things for him in the next two days...

Michelle said...

hey good update. I was wondering when you were going to let the blog world in on how crappin busy you are.

Any stress involved with all the busy-ness? I seem to love the stress RIGHT WHEN I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF IT, but before, especially RIGHT before, it's almost too much to handle. :) like me at all in that neeky?

I too agree though that anything beats sitting for too long.

and I'll have you know I started stroller boot camp, so you're going to have to work really hard now to out-buff me. :)

looking forward to singing with you. thinking I'll be there next weekend for mother's day...practice then?

good post neeky! good luck with all